History to SQL Server

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Alright, I can't figure this out.... I've tried everything I can think of short of modifying the code myself (Not as good with C#)

I have Squiggle 3.3.3.0 and i can't get the chat to log to a sql server. I've downloaded the 3.3 scripts, ran the sql script, copied the connection string, specified the correct server, for testing I'm using the trusted connection my account is db_admin but it's not making a connection to the server.

I've enabled logging and it appears that it's still trying to use SQLServerCE to make the connection to the database and not SQLClient.

the actual error message is
Erorr occured while logging history.: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'server'.

I've tried changing the <system.data> and the <entityFramework> to reflect the fact that I want to use SQLClient but that doesn't seem to work either.

am I doing something stupid? I can't seem to find any other answers

Thank you for your help

more log entries

Erorr occured while logging history.: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'server'.
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnectionStringBuilder.GetIndex(String keyword)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item(String keyword, Object value)
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString(String value)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnectionStringBuilder..ctor(String connectionString)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.SqlCeConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String nameOrConnectionString)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.Initialize()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.get_ProviderName()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeContext()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.GetEntitySetAndBaseTypeForType(Type entityType)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet1.Initialize()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet
1.get_InternalContext()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet1.ActOnSet(Action action, EntityState newState, Object entity, String methodName)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet
1.Add(Object entity)
at System.Data.Entity.DbSet1.Add(TEntity entity)
at Squiggle.History.DAL.HistoryRepository.AddStatusUpdate(DateTime stamp, Guid contactId, String contactName, Int32 status)
at Squiggle.History.HistoryManager.AddStatusUpdate(Guid contactId, String contactName, Int32 status)
at Squiggle.Client.ChatClient.<>c__DisplayClass16.<LogStatus>b__15()
at Squiggle.Utilities.ExceptionMonster.<>c__DisplayClass1.<EatTheException>b__0()
at Squiggle.Utilities.ExceptionMonster.EatTheException[T](Func
1 action, String actionDescription, Boolean& success, Exception& ex)
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Did you change the DBProvider app setting to point to the SQLClient provider?
See http://squiggle.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Squiggle.UI/app.config

Look for DbProvider key in appSettings
<appSettings>
    <add key="DbProvider" value="System.Data.SQLite.EF6" />
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM
hasankhan wrote:
Did you change the DBProvider app setting to point to the SQLClient provider?
See http://squiggle.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Squiggle.UI/app.config

Look for DbProvider key in appSettings
<appSettings>
    <add key="DbProvider" value="System.Data.SQLite.EF6" />
I don't have that option, Must just be in the 3.4 beta.

I did just figure it out though. I had to erase the <system.data> and the <entityFramework> sections all together. It appears to be working now but the chat messages that are logged are being doubled both in the history viewer and the SQL server, is that supposed to happen? doesn't seem like that is desired behavior.

EDIT so it looks like one client is logging the sent message and the other client is logging the received message because the time stamps are about a half second apart. Is there a way to fix it so it only logs the sent or vise versa? if not I'm just gladi got it connecting and logging to SQL for now lol