Squiggle 3.1

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM
I have installed Squiggle 3.1 Client on our practices workstations. Overall, I am very satisfied. However, Two of these workstations are Windows 7 OS, and everything loads and extracts accordingly. When you click on the contacts name, nothing happens. Also if you try to send a broadcast message nothing happens. It's just these two workstations. Please help?
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Hi James Windows 7 is not a supported OS. Mainly because there is no one to test every release on Windows 7 and fix bugs.
Jul 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM
hasankhan i feel i must correct you on this...Windows 7 is your main platform for this software...

Are you sure you haven't just leapfrogged in your mind the versions of Windows, with Windows 8 being at least 2 years old already? Certainly you meant Windows XP is not supported any more...not Windows 7...?
Jul 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Well, that post made you change the FAQ and the requirements listed under it...

I really think your main usage base is in the small to medium business area of computing, and that base lives in Windows 7...IMO it is an extremely poor decision to withdraw "support" for Windows 7.

It's your project though, so what do I know?
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

Any open source project really belongs to community not the author of code. It's community's responsibility to step up and support additional platforms if they find it important.

I do not personally use windows 7 or XP so I am willing to take contributions from community in this area.

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Good morning Hasankhan,

I appreciate youre timely response. Any idea what may be causing the malfunction of the chat window opening. All 30 other end users workstations work just fine, it's just this one.

James B. Semmens

Evansville Primary Care
HIT/EMR/Meaningful Use Project Manager
1231 Washington Square
Phone: (812) 479-6907
Fax: (812) 479-6967

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any accompanying data or files is confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately. Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Hi JamesHIT

Please make sure you have all the required dependencies installed on that machine.

NET Framework 4.0
Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

Also try downloading a fresh instance in a separate folder to see if that resolves the issue.

Hasan