Incorrect Names Showing

May 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I have about pc's that currently run squiggle. I make images of my pc's to expedite deployment. We are running 3.2.4. I recently put 5 pc's out with the squiggle image on it and now when someone sends a message from one of the imaged pc's, it does not show the correct person's name in the title bar of the chat window .... although it does seem to be correct in the body of the chat. Can you tell me what is storing the information? Is it in the config file somewhere?

I also noticed that I can not click on the 'log me in automatically' and have it save. Apparently the configuration file gets locked. The only resolution I have found for that is to copy the config file and save it to the desktop. Delete the config file from the Squiggle dir, and then paste the file from the desktop back to the squiggle dir. I tried changing permissions on the directory and the file, but for some reason this did not work.
May 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Example:
Judi, Hector, and Bob have pc's cloned from the same image.
When Judi sends a message, it shows that Hector sent the message.
The machines did have the same name, so I changed that thinking it would help, but it did not.
suggestions?
Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Squiggle uses ClientID to identify people uniquely. This is to prevent people from pretending to be others just by changing name. ClientID is generated and saved in squiggle settings file the first time Squiggle is run.

In your case solution is to not run Squiggle before creating the image. You may have run squiggle client which caused it to generate an ID and then all clone PCs got the same client id.
May 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but apparently the clientID is did not get deleted. Can you tell me where the clientID is stored so I can attempt to manually remove it?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Client ID is saved in file located at "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Overroot\Squiggle.exe_Random characters"