Squiggle 3.2.3 Shows Contacts, 3.2.4 Doesn't

May 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Edited May 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Hi,

I'm currently having an issue getting Squiggle 3.2.4 fully working. I've had users in the office start using the 3.2.4 client vs the 3.2.3 client and they're doing fine. For some reason, on my personal computer, when I use the 3.2.4 client, I see no contacts, but when I log back into the 3.2.3 client, I see everyone, even the new 3.2.4 clients. I'm worried I may not be the only one that is or will see this issue with this client.

I currently have everyone in the office connecting to a network share that contains a shortcut to the .exe file for the client, so I know everyone is using the same configuration.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

http://goo.gl/dHZWI
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
There are no changes to communication layer of 3.2.4 which would make it incompatible with 3.2.3. You may have to add 3.2.4 as an exception to firewall and it should start working.
May 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM
hasankhan wrote:
There are no changes to communication layer of 3.2.4 which would make it incompatible with 3.2.3. You may have to add 3.2.4 as an exception to firewall and it should start working.
My firewall is currently off. I'll try restarting my computer and see if that does anything. That's the only thing I haven't tried.
May 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
A restart of my computer did not change anything. I also tried disabling the second NIC in my computer, which is connected to another network for a test environment, but this did not change anything either.

I'm stumped, it doesn't make sense to me that I'd be the only one that cannot use this shortcut.
May 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Turns out I was on the right track. Because I had two NICs in my PC, Squiggle 3.2.4 was binding to my 192 subnet, and not the 172 subnet that it needed to be on.

Simply by going to Squiggle > Tools > Settings... > Connection and changing the Bind to IP address to be my 172 address, I saw contacts once I restarted Squiggle.

Hope this helps any other person with this problem.
May 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM
GJ figuring this out and letting us know here...I for one appreciate building up a bit of a library of help amongst us users!
May 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM
jeremyf wrote:
GJ figuring this out and letting us know here...I for one appreciate building up a bit of a library of help amongst us users!
Thanks! Yeah, I always try my best to let the forums know what was done to solve issues. This way, the community, as a whole, learns more about the program. I'd really like to see this application progress and get better, and the best way to do that is to make it easier for everyone to use.
Jul 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Hi,

You can fix this problem by changing the binding order of network adapters in Windows.

In Windows 7 you have to do this:

Open up your "Network and Sharing Center."

Click "Change Adapter Settings"

This should bring you to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. ( Running "ncpa.cpl" do the same ).

In menu bar pick "Advanced" (Alt-N will bring you directly to that menu), and pick "Advanced Settings".

That will open the Advance Settings window, and you can adjust your binding order there.

Because Squiggle uses the first address in the binding order it should work now...