Cant send a message

May 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Hi, We have Squiggle installed on a few machines here and for some reason one of them cannot send or receive messages. It can see everyone else and they can see it on the buddy list but when attempting to send a message from that machine, nothing happens. When attempting to send a message to that machine, it never arrives. Same installation method was used on every machine using the same version. Would love a little help please :)
Coordinator
May 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Please enable error logging to find out what is causing the problem. Uncomment the trace section in Squiggle.exe.config, restart Squiggle and it will start writing errors to Squiggle.log file.
May 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Edited May 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Well thank you for your prompt reply, I had to go on a trip for 10 days so I did not put it into action until earlier. We had this on the log file at the top - Dispatcher unhandled exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot create instance of 'MessageEditBox' defined in assembly 'Squiggle, Version=3.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file 'Squiggle;component/chatwindow.xaml'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Georgia' does not support style 'Regular'. Not sure how to proceed at this point.
Coordinator
May 16, 2013 at 4:38 AM
In Squiggle settings there is a FontName setting. Change it to any other font that your system has and Squiggle will start working fine. You can find your settings file at path similar to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Overroot\Squiggle.exe_Random characters
May 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I tried that already within the config file by replacing it with Arial and it did not work. However after changing it within that file and just coping a random font it is now working. Thank you for your time and effort to help :)