Squiggle Bridge Unhandled Exception

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Anyone know what this is? It started back up fine, but I don't want to make a habit of needing to start this service once or twice a week.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1026
Date: 2/12/2013
Time: 4:29:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: <servername>
Description:
Application: Squiggle.Bridge.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at ZMQ.C.zmq_msg_close(IntPtr)
at ZMQ.ZmqMsgT.Close()
at ZMQ.Socket.Recv(Byte[], Int32 ByRef, ZMQ.SendRecvOpt[])
at ZMQ.Socket.Recv(Int32)
at Squiggle.Utilities.Net.Pipe.MessagePipe.Listen()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.LongRunningThreadWork(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Squiggle has been crashing for most of my users maybe once or twice a week now and they're starting to get annoyed.

The way I'm having users use Squiggle is by having the client .exe on a shared network folder and have everyone copy a shortcut to their computer that leads to the .exe. This way, everyone is using the same .exe, which is based off of the same config file. My reason behind doing this is because changing something in the config file or upgrading the client will pass this on to everyone at once.

Could it be that the way my users are connecting to the client is causing this crash. Maybe when a connection is lost for a second, or a few packets never made it to the server? What could be causing these crashes?
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Squiggle tries to update the config when user makes changes to settings. When multiple clients try to update the file at the same time, the crash can happen. When using Squiggle in a shared folder scenario, I would recommend you to set the Squiggle in readonly config mode. You can do so by setting ReadOnly setting to True.

Please let me know if clients still crash after readonly mode.
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I've had the config file set to ReadOnly this entire time actually. Users can still change things like how their contacts are ordered and their fonts, but basic things, like port numbers and such are not changeable, which is good.