Need to Understand Installation for Squiggle

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Hi all,

am very new to squiggle and trying to understand the configuration. i have confusions.

1. i want to communicate with 2 cities connected via  leased line with both location have diffrent network ranges. ex: 10.10.X.X and 192.168.X.X. So i needed bridge or multicast service?

2. if bridge is require than, should i have to setup bridge on each computer on that network to communicate with computer in another city ?  or i can install bridge on 1 pc and other pc can communicate through it to other network pc?can any one provide sample configurationany

thanks in advance

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Please read the following articles

How to decide whether to use Bridge or Multicast service

How to configure Squiggle Bridge?

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for quick response...

so now i know i required bridge. i have configured the bridge file for the subnet. but when i run it after some time it shows "squiggle has encountered a problem and needs to close"

my conf file for 1st subnet:

<BridgeConfiguration>
<internalservicebinding ip="10.10.x.0" port="1235" />     #i have given network address. is it correct or i should give IP of that PC?
<externalservicebinding ip="10.10.x.0" port="1236" />
<channelbinding ip="10.10.x.0" mport="9998" sport="9997" />
<targets>
<add ip="192.168.x.0" port="1234" />  #i have given network address of remote subnet. is it correct or i should give IP of that PC of remote network?
</targets>
</BridgeConfiguration>

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM

You're supposed to type IP there instead of network address.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

when i entered the IP address and run the bridge application now it gives the error

"The communication object,System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, can not be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state"

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Please check the configuration of bridge on both the subnets and make sure ports between them are opened.