Squiggle black screen of death?

May 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hi all,

I just started messing around with squiggle because of a special application at work and I'm having a bit of a problem. I have 3 machines, 2 Windows 7 laptops and a remote Windows XP box that I would like to be able to chat to using Squiggle. All of the machines are on the same subnet and their ip scheme is basically 192.168.200.xxx. All of the machines can see each other and share files and the like. I installed squiggle on all 3 boxes and the laptops have no problems talking/chatting/voice chatting with each other using the squiggle GUI. The remote Windows XP box is causing me some problems, however. Mind you, the only way to access the remote system is using VNC or some type of remote desktop, specifically in this case, tightVNC viewer. Squiggle had no problem installing on the remote machine, but now when it launches, it simply shows a black windows box. The only real option I have is to quit squiggle. The firewall has been disabled completely - the Windows XP machine never touches the internet and still no love. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
May 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Squiggle appears black because it is rendered by WPF which tries to use your graphic card if one is available. So make sure you have the latest updated drivers of your graphic card and if you do have them then it just might not be compatible with WPF rendering.