Voice Chat Problem

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Voice chat does not work. My own voice just comes back at me (repeated echo) and the other party cannot hear me. No firewall in use.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM

What is the other party using headphone or speaker?
I'm wondering how echo is coming when the other party can not hear you.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM

They're using built in speakers and microphone on their laptop. Working fine on Skype on that machine (and mine). I'm wondering too, but that's what's happening!

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

OK thank you for the feedback. I'll investigate and try to reproduce it.

Hasan

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Don't know if it makes any difference (or why it should) but I'm using my webcam microphone as the 'default recording device' (Win 7 Pro x64)

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hi Jeremy

Can you please download the latest revision and verify that the problem is not fixed.

Thanks

Hasan

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

...do you mean that the problem is fixed? Anyway, no it's not. Very strange though, I'm calling a Vista laptop (wireless) from a Win 7 Pro desktop (wired). They can now hear me and I get no echo / feedback. But I can't hear them...

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Did you make sure your speaker was connected properly? Or volume was correct? Could you hear other sounds from your computer?

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Apologies. It does work. The built in microphone in the Vista laptop is not working. Tested it with a headset and it seems to work fine in both directions.