Window Position

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Hi, thanks for Squiggle - very useful. I have one request - it would be extremely useful to have Squiggle 'remember' it's main window position. I like to have to have the main window / user list bottom right on the screen but on machine re-start it's back in the centre. Could you add a 'Remember (or 'Fix') window position' option on the 'Tools' menu perhaps? The only consideration with this is that the 'Settings' window should be forced to appear fully visible on the screen - currently it appears partially 'off-screen' if the Squiggle window is snapped to the screen margin.

Thanks

Coordinator
May 1, 2011 at 7:39 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM

When you say the 'remember window position' is implemented - how is it implemented? Windows position is not remembered between restarts on XP, Vista, and Win 7.

Coordinator
May 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM
If you start Squiggle move it to some portion of the screen. Quit squiggle and then run it again; it will start from the same location not screen center.
Try the above sequence please.
May 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I know it does that. However, when you switch on the computers the next day, it's back to the centre of the screen. I have many apps that remember their window positions permanently.

Coordinator
May 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM
We'll investigate this and fix the bug in v2.7
May 2, 2011 at 7:45 AM

OK, any idea when you might have 2.7 out? Thanks.

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 7:48 AM
With in a couple of days beta will be out.

Regards

Hasan

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM, JeremyWW <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK, any idea when you might have 2.7 out? Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Cool. Thanks.