Squiggle Multicast needs to be restarted every 4 days

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi,

I want to say that Squiggle is working very well in my network, except for one minor problem.

After a couple of days the users starts to face a problem that nobody can see each others online. The Squiggle client logs in and seems to be working, but with no users online.

I saw that restarting (stoping and starting) the service in the "server" (Squiggle Multicast), solves the problem immediately.

For now, every 4 days, we need to restart the Squiggle Multicast service in our server.

I am sorry, but I don't have more details about the problem. If you need more details, let me know and I will try to gather to you.

Regards, leonardo pacheco

Squiggle Clients: 2.6.8.0

Squiggle Multicast: 2.6.8.0

Number of users (max): 15

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Hi Leonardo

Can you please tell me what is the total memory consumed by Squiggle when you discover that it is not working anymore?
Can you also enable logging by uncommenting the system.diagonostics section in Squiggle.Multicast.exe.config

Just remove the <!-- and --> part and when the problem occurs next time please also share the log with me or just tell me if you see any error message.

Regards

Hasan

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Hi hasankhan,

Now is the second time today that I had to restart the service.

Squiggle Multicast at the "crash" is using 25724K of memory.

After the restart of the service, the usage is 14984K of memory.

And I am very sad to say that the LOG doesn't contain usage information:

START Squiggle.Multicast.log

:: Settings ::
Endpoint: 192.168.15.53:9998

END Squiggle.Multicast.log

After the restart I had to Sign Out and Sign In to refresh the contact list.

The symptoms at the crash in the client is to see every contact OFFLINE. Then I try to sign out and sign in to "refresh" the list again. At this point nobody is shown in the list.

Then I restart the Squiggle Multicast at the server, do sign out and sign in in the client and everything is back.

regards, leonardo pacheco

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2011 at 5:51 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Hi

Can you also check Squiggle.Multicast.svclog ?

Regards

Hasan

May 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Hasan,

I have the logs... the Squiggle.Multicast crashes at 5minutes ago.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24982724/squiggle_log.zip

I am using the version 2.6.8.0 of Squiggle.Multicast.

regards,

leonardo pacheco

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Hi Leonardo

I've looked through the log file but unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything suspicious that could have caused any problem.
You said that it crashed? Does it mean the service was stopped? Have you tried configuring the service to restart on crash?

Regards

Hasan
May 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Hi,

Squiggle.Multicast was still running, but no one could see each others presence. To solve the problem, I just had to stop and start the service again.

I was informed that the computer that is running Squiggle.Multicast was restarted yesterday. So it was running for 12hours untill stopped to work.

But usually it works for several days before happening this problem.

leonardo pacheco

May 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I have updated the Squiggle and Squiggle Mulcast to the newest version (2.7.4.0)

There is a new log, please check.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24982724/squiggle_log.zip

leonardo pacheco

Coordinator
May 11, 2011 at 5:48 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Leonardo

Can you please check 2.7.5 and confirm if the problem is solved.

Regards

Hasan