squiggle crashes when starting

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I am trying to run squiggle on my bosses computer.  I loaded it on my computer and everything worked perfectly.  But every time I try to start it (for the first time) on his computer, it crashes.

At first, it told me I needed .net framework 3.5.  So I went to download that, and saw that a new 4.0 version was available, and downloaded that instead.

Then I got a different error message that said something about .net.  So I removed .net 4.0, and downloaded .net 3.5.

Now I don't get an error message at all - it just crashes and I get the pop-up asking if I want to report the error to Microsoft.

I would love to be able to get this to work - it looks like exactly what I"m after.  ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JoAnne

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Please install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and then try running Squiggle.
Also check your event log for exact error.

Let me know if it helps
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Thanks - I thought that I installed SP 1, but I guess I clicked on the wrong thing.  Now it's working.

Is there a way to make the text message screen pop up to the front of the screen?

Thanks,

JoAnne

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM

JoAnne

This would be annoying for majority of the users thats why the chat window doesn't steal focus.
However for grabbing attention of the recipient there is Audio Alert feature and a tray popup is also shown.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Hmm.  I can see how it would be annoying for most users, but annoying is what I need!  That's why I thought it might be an option.  What does the "show pop-ups" option mean?

Thanks,

JoAnne

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM
If you select that option then you get a small notification box above system tray in bottom right of screen when you receive the first message.
Mar 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM

What is a buzz?

I'm sorry about all the stupid questions, I just couldn't find any documentation, and I'm new to the world of messengers.

Thanks again!

JoAnne

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Buzz shakes the window of the recipient to grab his attention if he is not responding.

Please take time to play around with features and I'm sure you'll get a hang of it easily.