No Contacts in Vista

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Please help. I have a 4 computer network, with Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7 and Win 8 machines. I have installed Squiggle 3.2 on the Win 7 and Win 8 machines and they work fine. I installed on the Win Vista machine and no contacts show up. Nothing. Zilch. I have allowed access through the firewall and turned the firewall off. Nothing changed. I updated .Net 4.x with the latest MS updates. Nothing changed. I disabled AVG antivirus. Nothing changed. Made sure the network discovery was on and even changed the IP address. Nothing changed. I tried different versions of Squiggle and logged on as Admin. Nothing changed. I am out of ideas. This machine works fine, accesses the network like a dream but Squiggle won't show any users on this tiny network. Can anyone help me out here? I don't know where else to look to get this working.

Thank you very much.

Kevin
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Do you have Visual C redistributable installed? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Hi,

Yes it is installed. Now in doing some extra checking this user did appear once on the user list of the Win 7 machine but not again. That may have occurred when I was trying out the other Squiggle clients on the Win Vista machine but I can't be sure. The Win Vista user still has no one in their user list and can't communicate with anyone on the network with Squiggle.

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

Kevin