Contributing to the project

Developer
May 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I would like to contribute, add some features that i think are needed and provide some bugfixes.

So my questions are:
  1. Do you accept contributions?
  2. if so, do you have a workflow for contributors to follow?
  3. Any guidance on codestyle and/or code quality that you would like to enforce?
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Edited May 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Contributions are more than welcome. So far there has been very little community contribution so there isn't any official guidance or workflow around it. As the contributions increase, we'll refine and develop the guideline and process.

As a starting point, for each new feature or bug fix, kindly create a issue in the issues area so people can vote/comment on it and we can track its progress. I along with other community members, will evaluate it or probably suggest some changes in it and assign the work item to you. You can then fork the project build the feature/fix the bug and then issue a pull request.

As far as coding guidelines are concerned, for now just follow the good patterns used in the code. The code has evolved over the years and there are bad things in code that I would like to avoid in new code. We'll discuss those on pull request if required.

Welcome to the project and community.