Seeing other people's chat history in my history

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Title pretty much says it all. I checked some of my chat history earlier and I noticed from chats in there we not mine. There were specifically two different people where some of their conversations ended up in my history search. Obviously, this is a violation of privacy and would like to ensure this happens no more. If this can't be fixed, my only alternative is to disable history for everyone.

Does anyone know a little more about the underlying way Squiggle collects history, and possibly give an explanation as to why this is happening?

FYI, our Squiggle client is running on a network share that everyone in the entire office connects to.

PS: When viewing chat history, the conversations are NOT sorted by timestamp. I don't know what they're sorted by, but the chat log is not in chronological order. This makes it very hard and annoying to follow a conversation. Any way to fix this? Is this normal?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Apr 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I have encountered this problem solved, then modify the source code, but to see but not the session participants.
I want to know that there is no easier way to solve this problem.
Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Problem has been fixed in Squiggle 3.2.3. Please download the latest version and check if you can still see history of others.
Apr 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Thanks for the quick fix! To further clarify what the fix did, did the fix only fix me seeing other people's chat history, or did it also fix that fact that history is not sorted in chronological order?

I will download and update our network client when I get this chance.

Again, thanks for the quick fix!
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Squiggle 3.2.4 has both the fixes. 3.2.3 has the fix only for showing your history.
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
hasankhan wrote:
Squiggle 3.2.4 has both the fixes. 3.2.3 has the fix only for showing your history.
Awesome, thanks!
Jul 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
We use this in our office and our IT department may have to view the full history of all users.
What did change to fix this issue as Our IT Policy notifies use that we monitor the chat history in the event of discrepancies.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
IT department can still access SQL Server database directly to get the logs for all users. Its only the client that shows you just your logs.