Squiggle Bridging Config Help

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I need to connect two subnets, 172.16.0.1/24 and 192.168.220.1/24. I have not installed the Squiggle multicasting package since multicasting is not block by our network.

Whenever I try and start the Squiggle Bridge service, the service fails to start and says something like "Some services start, then stop if they're not being used by anything."

Here's one of my config files:

***************************************************************************************************************

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="BridgeConfiguration" type="Squiggle.Bridge.Configuration.BridgeConfiguration, Squiggle.Bridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=null"/>
  </configSections>
  <BridgeConfiguration>
    <InternalServiceBinding IP="192.168.220.239" Port="1235"/>
    <ExternalServiceBinding IP="172.16.0.243" Port="1236"/>
    <PresenceBinding MulticastIP="224.10.11.12" MulticastPort="9998" ServicePort="9997" PresenceCallbackPort="9996" />
    <Targets>
      <add IP="127.0.0.1" Port="1234"/>
    </Targets>
  </BridgeConfiguration>
  <system.diagnostics>
    <!--
    <trace autoflush="true" >
      <listeners>
        <add name="FileListener"
           type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
           initializeData="Squiggle.Bridge.log" />
      </listeners>
    </trace>
    -->
    <!--
    <sources>
      <source name="System.ServiceModel" switchValue="Warning" propagateActivity="true" >
        <listeners>
          <add name="xml"/>
        </listeners>
      </source>
    </sources>   
    <sharedListeners>
      <add name="xml"
           type="System.Diagnostics.XmlWriterTraceListener"
           initializeData="Squiggle.Bridge.svclog" />
    </sharedListeners>
    -->
  </system.diagnostics>
<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup></configuration>

************************************************************************************************************

What do I have incorrect and can anyone post an example of their working set up?

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I would recommend you to uncomment the log section in config file to get the exact error of why its failing.  You can also directly run the bridge executable to run it in console mode and see the errors.

Also I would recommend you to download and use the latest revision of 3.2 since last one had bug with bridge connectivity. You may also want to make sure the ports required by bridge are not already used or blocked by firewall. Are your bridge nodes in subnets connected to both the networks using multiple network cards?

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM

EDIT: I got the bridging to work. Here's an example of my bridging config for anyone else that needs it.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="BridgeConfiguration" type="Squiggle.Bridge.Configuration.BridgeConfiguration, Squiggle.Bridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"/>
  </configSections>

<BridgeConfiguration> <InternalServiceBinding IP="192.168.220.239" Port="1235"/> <ExternalServiceBinding IP="192.168.220.239" Port="1236"/> <PresenceBinding MulticastIP="224.10.11.12" MulticastPort="9998" ServicePort="9997" CallbackPort="9996" /> <Targets> <add IP="172.16.0.243" Port="1236"/> </Targets> </BridgeConfiguration>

<system.diagnostics> <trace autoflush="true" > <listeners> <add name="FileListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="Squiggle.Bridge.log" /> </listeners> </trace> </system.diagnostics> <startup> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/> </startup> </configuration>
*******************************************************************************************************************************************