A Problem of Buddy missing i couldn't sovle

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM

We have deployed Squiggle in our premises and it works charm.. except for three users who
cant see each other on the buddy list . But for all others they are visible. I Looked into but coudn't seem to find the problem.. in the 3 of the systems 1 is running Win7 and the others WinXP. Has anyone else faced this kind of problem? Is there a solution? 

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Can they see everyone else in the network?

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Ya they can see everyone else in the network..

Weird isnt it? if all lie in the same presence port.. everyone should be visible to one another right?... 

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Can you delete the settings file for one of those troublesome clients, run it again and sign in to see if it starts appearing to others

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Overroot\Squiggle.exe_Random characters

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Thank you for the reply... I deleted the settings file from each of those systems and tried but it didn't workout. Actually one problem could that those systems also have double lan connections one for internal network and another for Internet.. I have used the bind to IP correctly but still there is something missing..

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM

This afternoon i made a small app just for sending messages using TCP over those systems and those things worked fine...

I wonder whats wrong with squiggle
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM

It seems you are a developer. It will be great if you can download and debug Squiggle to find out whats going wrong. Although the latest source code is very different from last released version. You'll have to download the right commit.

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Ya am a part time developer.. Thats what the topic heading was.. I could not solve it!!!! I would be great full if anyone could help me.