Bridge

May 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Does the bridge serve need to be installed on each computer or just one computer on erach subnet?

Coordinator
May 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Only one machine in each subnet

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I have added this to a system on both networks but we still cannot chat between sites. We have a firewall appliance - are there firewall setting I need to look at?
Looking at my firewall traffic I see a destination IP that is being blocked 4.27.12.253 why is squiggle trying to send to this address?
Thanks for your help,
John

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:17:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Bridge [squiggle:357685]

Only one machine in each subnet
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Squiggle uses multicast port and chat port configured in Tools>Connections tab
Besides that Squiggle tries to check for updates by querying a page on squiggle.codeplex.com

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Just wanted to give an update of what worked.

For mynetwork I did not need to set up a bridge connection after all. As soon as I set up the Squiggle Multicast service I was able to chat between sites on my network.

My network

Site A 11.1.15.1
Site B 11.2.15.1

Multicast settings
IP 11.1.15.218 Port 9998

Client Config - changed settings to multicast values

Thanks, John

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 00:07:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Bridge [squiggle:357685]

Squiggle uses multicast port and chat port configured in Tools>Connections tab
Besides that Squiggle tries to check for updates by querying a page on squiggle.codeplex.com
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email squiggle@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com