Running the Bridge

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Is there a way that the bridge will autorun upon window startup? 

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

If you install the bridge as a service then it will autorun on startup

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM

sorry for such a noob..you mean the command prompt will always be in my taskbar? or it will automatically run in the background?

How do I remove the service then? I initially installed the bridge service but changed it to multicast but apparently it does not allow me to change the presence ID (perhaps because of the installed bridge).  Any idea?

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM

squiggle.bridge -i installs it as a service and -u removes it

it runs in background. you don't see any console.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Do I have to do run>cmd> type squiggle.bridge -u

or on which console i will type the command?

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Dos prompt with administrator privileges.
Mar 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM
hasankhan wrote:

squiggle.bridge -i installs it as a service and -u removes it

it runs in background. you don't see any console.

i did the exact command in dos prompt running as administrator but it says "squiggle.bridge -u" is not a recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
You have to execute it in the same folder where the bridge is placed.
Also make sure that you did install it in first place. there is no point in removing something that doesn't exist on your system.
Since you don't know how to run the command then it means you never installed it in first place.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

probably yeah I never installed it :) coz everytime I load up the multicast, i need to click the squibble.multicast.exe file and a dos window appears and I just minimize it :) 

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Question is..how come it is not allowing me to change my presence address? (another PC is hosting the multicast)

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

i have a local admin right but not network

I was able to install the program using the local admin but when I ran my windows network login, the service apparently didnt startup?