Send message to one user (logged on two PCs)

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Hello,
    I am facing the problem, when our customer need some LAN messenger that works without internet connections and there is possibility to send message to one user which is logged on two or more computers. I would like to use SQUIGGLE, but I dont know if it is able to solve our problem.

The situation is - there are two computers. On each computer work different person. They both need to know what the another did or if there was some problem. So I would like to have user with name RECEPTIONIST, that is logged on both computers. When I send any message to this user, the message shows on both computers and they are both able to solve the problem.

If there is possibility the both computers will show the outgoing messages from each computer it would be greate, but it is not necessary.

Is it possible to solve this via SQUIGGLE MULTICAST or any other way / any other LAN messenger?

Thank you

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Both the users can login with the same name.

You can send a broadcast or group message to both the users and both of them will receive it at once.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hello,
    thank You very much for your answer. This way solved our problem with receiving a message from one user to multiple users.

Unfortunately, now they have another request that is related. It is the same situation as I wrote above - for instance, there is one BOSS (user: boss) and two RECEPTIONIST (user: rcpt-1, user: rcpt-2). User boss is sending a message to group receptionist which includes users rcpt-1 and rcpt-2. This message is shown to both users. User rcpt-1 is answering it and the question is solved - all is done. Now the user rcpt-2 is coming to computer and see the incoming question from boss, but don't see the answer which was already sent by user rcpt-1. So, user rcpt-2 don't know if it is solved or not.

So, We need that every outgoing message from rcpt-1 is also shown in window of user rcpt-2 (marked as outgoing message from user rcpt-1) and conversely - every outgoing message from user rcpt-2 is also shown in chat window of user rcpt-1 (marked as outgoing message from user rcpt-2).

I hope that I described the problem clearly. ;-)

Thank you very much

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Hi

You can ask boss to initiate group chat instead of broadcast message

Mar 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Hello,
    yes, that is the solution of our problem. Thank you for your advice. But You know the users. They don't want to click on one user to start chat and then click on top menu ACTIONS / INVITE CONTACT to add another user. Worst situation is when there is group chat including 5 or 6 users. Is there any possibility to make some "GROUPCHAT SHORTCUTS" which will remember all the users of GROUP CHAT?

If not, do You think there is a possibility that You will add this feature to the next version? I suppose that it is not so difficult:
- TOOLS / SETTINGS / CONTACS - option "Show GroupChat Shortcuts" for show or hide the list of shortcuts
- Chat window - button "Create GroupChat Shortcut", after click the requester for name of the shortcut

I believe there is a lot of similar situations when one team is comunicating like this on daily basis and the members (users) ar still the same.

Thank you very much

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I just implemented this feature by adding an option 'start group chat' on group's right click menu.
It will be implemented in Squiggle 3.2 

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hello,
    that is great. But what if some of the participants will be across the groups. Two users from GROUP A, three user from GROUP B and so on.. Do you think it is possible to add the featur that I was talking about - SAVE GROUPCHAT SHRTCUTS?

Thank You

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hi Tom

Indeed its possible. I develop this software in my spare time and based on priority and no. of requests of features and the time I have available, I implement stuff so lets wait for good times :)

Regards

Hasan 

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hello Hasan,
    I fully understand your situation. ;-)

Thank you