Squiggle is not working

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I installed beta version on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition. It worked fine till last month. After that, I don't know the reason why it was not working .. Just showing a black windows in its background. After that, I have tried 2.7 stable version of Squiggle. No improvement.

Please resolve my issue.

Developer
Oct 24, 2011 at 4:04 AM

If it was working fine on your machine earlier and if its not working with even 2.7, then I doubt there is something has gone wrong with the environment on your machine. Can you please let us know the CPU usage of Squiggle.exe?

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Exact same symptoms here, as I wrote in another post.

I think we're on to something...

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Can you check your windows updates if your Video Card Driver was recently updated? If it was can you try to uninstall that update and see if Squiggle starts working again?

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM
hasankhan wrote:

Can you check your windows updates if your Video Card Driver was recently updated? If it was can you try to uninstall that update and see if Squiggle starts working again?

I did a rollback for the video card driver but still no luck :-/

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I am using v3.1 and also it is not working on windows 7 x64. CPU usage is 50% for squiggle only as it can be seen in task manager but the GUI isn't coming up.

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Try deleting the user.config file from the users application directory and then try reloading squiggle.

Squiggle will re-create the configuration file for the user.
There may be a problem in the config file. Especially if you have loaded different versions of squiggle.

go into: C:\users\***Username***\appdata\local\overroot

Delete each of the Squiggle.exexxxxxxxx folders.

Then reload which ever version of squiggle. Preferably the most current.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Thanks. I have deleted 2 folders with config files in them and started squiggle. Same thing, using 50% of CPU but not loading. It did make a new config file that I attach here for your info.

Natty.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 01/03/12 08:32 AM

To: [email removed]

Subject: Re: Squiggle is not working [squiggle:276547]

Try deleting the user.config file from the users application directory and then try reloading squiggle.

Squiggle will re-create the configuration file for the user.
There may be a problem in the config file. Especially if you have loaded different versions of squiggle.

go into: C:\users\***Username***\appdata\local\overroot

Delete each of the Squiggle.exexxxxxxxx folders.

Then reload which ever version of squiggle. Preferably the most current.

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:24 AM

It does what i needed it to do but on 2 xp 86 systems that i just did fresh installs on i am also just getting a black background in the window.  i have tried the baove and i am stil getting the black window.   i am going to run windows updates to see if that fixes the prob., i have .net 3.5 and 4