Suggestion for 2.7

May 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Someone else here has mentioned that they would like a message to pop up and steal focus to draw the persons attention. I sort of agree with your response that many would find that annoying, but in reality users do seem to be missing / ignoring messages, and if they have their sound muted as well, or away from their desk, there's no way they're going to reply! So...a suggestion...add a simple option for the taskbar pop-up to allow it stay on the screen until dismissed. Personally we would all find that extremely useful. Thanks.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Just downloaded and started to use squiggle , which has performed excellently.

After talking through with people how it works all have commented on how they would like an option to have the chat messages pop up on the screen. They were concerned that they would miss messages. As JeremyWW has already highlighted.

Another limitation has been that a number of our workstations have multiple screens but squiggle stops at the boundaries of the primary screens.

Nothing really bad here, just would be a cool option if popups on messages could be designed to do a bit more. ie popup / popup and focus / popup and buzz/popup in taskbar untill clicked / ... i am sure there are many things that could be doen to let users know they have a message.

Yes i understand popups that steal focus can be annoying but if that could be a user setting then they have a choice...

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Ok I hear you guys and be assured next version of Squiggle will have an option to steal the focus on message.

As far as multi monitor support is concerned; I've fixed the issue and it will be available in next version of Squiggle.
You should be able to drag the window to the next screen.

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Great , What a fast response...

I look forward to the version.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Steal focus option has been implemented. Will be available in next release.

http://squiggle.codeplex.com/workitem/6768

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Thanks for listening and being so quick.

Once the new version is out and we start usignit I will give you some feedback from the users.

Thanks for your time

Kel Coley

Special Projects

One to One Support Services

Description: Description: One to one support Services Logo

Tel. 01246 200018 or 01246 529022 or 0845 4391182

Mobile. 07811146275

Fax; 01246 200018 / 01246 529022 / 0845 4391182 /

Email Kel@OnetoOneSupportServices.co.uk

Web www.OnetoOneSupportServices.co.uk

This e-mail, including any of its attachments transmitted with it, is intended solely for the named recipients only; it also may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, store, copy or distribute any part of this e-mail as it may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please forward a copy to web@OneToOneSupportServices.co.uk Any views or opinions are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of One to One Support Services Limited. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail messages passing through our systems. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended. This communication is from One to One Support Services Limited. 3 McGregor way , Turn Oaks Business Park , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 2HA

Sent: 04 June 2011 20:34
To: kel@onetoonesupportservices.co.uk
Subject: Re: Suggestion for 2.7 [squiggle:256030]

Steal focus option has been implemented. Will be available in next release.

http://squiggle.codeplex.com/workitem/6768