Refresh issue

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Hi.

I've been testing Squiggle today. Congratulations for the idea, it's a great solution.

The only thing bothering here is a major refresh issue... I have 20 users on my network, on the same IP scale subnet, and different users are visible or not between each other, mostly random.

What u guys think, it's a bug?

Thanks already!

F.Quest

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM

F.Quest

If I understand you correctly then you're saying that people toggle between online/offline state periodically and randomly? (This can be a problem with UDP broadcast or router)

OR

Are you saying that some people are permanently not able to see some other users on the network? (This can be a firewall issue)

Please confirm.

Hasan

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM

What i'm trying to say is all the contact lists appears incomplete for the users. Some users appears offline, others simply don't appear, and it's keep changing.

We don't have this problem on other messenger solutions, the stations doesn't have firewall and the routers, and UDP broadcasts are fine. ;-)

F.Quest

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Squiggle has a KeepAlive time setting which is 60 seconds right now. Can you try a lower or higher value and see if the problem goes away?

Also make sure that everyone is on the same version of Squiggle.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Everyone has the same version.

I'm gonna try the cfg modification tomorrow and post the results ASAP.

thnks.

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM

flavioquest is there any update on your situation?